The Flower Festival Parade, held since 1979, is one of the most striking and eagerly anticipated events of the entire festival, for tourists and residents alike.
This event is known for the magnificence and splendour of the floats and costumes of the hundreds of participants, mostly children, richly adorned with many, varied and magnificent types of flowers, parading to the sound of festive musical themes, on Sunday April,10th at 4pm.
Order and theme of the groups participating in the Float Parade:
- "Springtime Colour Palette" - João Egídio Rodrigues
- "Joy" - Fura Samba Association
- "Portuguese Soul" - Sorrisos de Fantasia
- "Royal Ball" - ANIMAD Association
- "Festival of Colour" - Caneca Furada Samba School
- "Springtime Perfume" - Geringonça Entertainment
- "The Humming Bird Celebration" - Carolina Sousa
- "The Ball of Petals" - Turma do Funil
- "Fragrance and Colour... it's the Flower Festival" - Império da Ilha Association (guest group)
- "Pink Ladies" - Isabel Borges
Itinerary: Starting point at Praça da Autonomia, Avenida do Mar e das Comunidades Madeirenses (south lane), Francisco Sá Carneiro roundabout, Avenida Francisco Sá Carneiro, till the Port of Funchal roundabout.